Community invited to Early Learning Conference
Community members are invited to explore topics related to early childhood learning and connect with a variety of family resources at the 5th annual Early Learning Conference at Blue Mountain Community College April 21.
The conference – sponsored by the Oregon Association for the Education of Young Children (OAEYC), Childcare Resource and Referral, and BMCC – will run from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on April 21 in the Pioneer and Morrow halls at BMCC’s Pendleton campus.
Workshop topics will include:
• Connecting Families to Community Resources
• Health & Safety: Drugs… What you should know
• Learning Math & Science through Sensory Exploration
• Technology & Young Children
• Boys: Are they really different?
• Self-Care/Stress – Presented in Spanish
• Understanding & dealing with conflict resolution
• Kindergarten Readiness Screening Tool workshop. A lot of people from several agencies are collaborating to make this happen!
• And more!
We'd also like to welcome Senator Elizabeth Steiner Hayward, a family physician and mother of three who will be joining our keynote speaker, IMESD Superintendent Dr. Mark Mulvihill!
Registration for this event is required.
• “Early Bird” Registration (payment received by March 23): $35 for OAEYC members and $40 for non-members
• Regular Registration (payment received after March 23): $45 for OAEYC members and $50 for non-members
• Scholarships are available!
Make checks payable to Eastern Oregon Chapter of OregonAEYC, and mail to CBCT Conference: c/o BMCC – Rheadean Hays; PO Box 100, Pendleton, OR 97801.
For more information, please contact Rheadean Hays or Charlene Hadden at 541-278-5957 or Maria Arroya (for Spanish assistance) at 541-564-6878.