Middle School Language Arts Teacher
The middle school language arts teacher will create a classroom environment that implements district approved curriculum to provide a positive learning experience for all students.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate classroom instructional activities consistent with building and adopted district curriculum and Common Core Standards.
- Provide clear and focused instruction for all students by using a variety of teaching strategies that promote student engagement and interaction, to meet the needs of all students.
- Provide on-going assessment and monitor students for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations and goals by using quality classroom-based, district and state assessment tools.
- Establish and maintain a standard of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, safe and productive learning environment.
- Communicate positively and regularly with parents and/or legal guardians in the areas of growth, student progress, and teacher expectations; develop meaningful collaboration between home and school.
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with grade level team members and other staff, administrators, parents/legal guardians, support groups, and community members.
- Collaborate with building and district-wide staff, para-educators, and volunteers for the purpose of providing an effective school program.
Reports to the Building Administrator.
Education and Experience
- Valid Oregon State teaching license with appropriate endorsement.
- Must meet job specific highly qualified standards.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and skill in instructional principles, methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of second language acquisition.
- Commitment and ability to work with a full range of students, staff and parents.
- Skill in student management, student discipline and developing positive techniques for improving student behavior.
- Must possess a positive attitude about change and an eagerness to implement changes that will enhance student learning.
- Familiarity with Response to Intervention and data driven decisions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive effective working relationships with a variety of students, staff, and community in a multicultural and diverse socio-economic setting.
- Ability to participate collaboratively in teams.
- Ability to continue participation in staff development to maintain professional skills.
- Ability to serve as a role model and treat students as individuals in a professional manner.
- Ability to effectively integrate technology resources into the curriculum.
- Must maintain all licenses as a condition of continued employment.
- Completed Employment Application/ Background Check.
- Must complete Safe Schools and Blood borne Pathogens Training upon hire.
Athena-Weston School District Teachers Salary Schedule $36,025 to $62,214
The preceding list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
Address all inquiries to:
Athena-Weston School District #29RJ
375 South Fifth Street
Athena, OR 97813
Athena-Weston School District #29RJ affirms the right of all individuals to equal opportunity to education and employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, handicap, or any other extraneous consideration not directly and substantively related to effective performance. This policy implements all applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations and executive orders. Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Related inquires and additional requests may be directed to the superintendent, Affirmative Action Officer. Speech /Hearing impaired persons may contact the district for assistance through Oregon Relay at 1-800-735-2900.