Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Services
Staff Training and Technical Assistance
Autism services supports school districts and Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education providers, by collaborating to provide professional development in the areas of instructional strategies, evidence based practices, behavior and communication supports. Services are provided through consultation, coaching and technical assistance.
Professional Development For School Staff have included the following:
- Introduction to Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Writing and implementation behavior strategies and support plans
- Communication and social skills
- Evidence based practices for students with ASD
- Transition to adulthood
- Organization and work systems
We are committed to meeting the unique needs of our districts and families by providing professional development that is tailored to your specific needs. Professional development offerings are varied depending on the needs of those attending.
Coaching and Building Capacity for our districts:
- Selection of evidenced based strategies to meet goals/objectives.
- Coaching staff regarding the implementation of the IFSP/IEP and modeling effective instructional strategies.
- Facilitation of effective strategies in the area of social skills instruction
- Coaching regarding instructional materials and accommodation and modification of curriculum to meet the learning style of individual students.
- Information to districts regarding current research and most recent developments in the field of ASD.