The IMESD employs staff to conduct Child Find activities for children ages birth to 5 who have suspected delays for the purpose of determining their eligibility for Early Intervention or Early Childhood Special Education services. When children are ages birth to school age, evaluations are conducted in all areas of suspected disability. There is a fixed point of referral – a dedicated phone line where referrals are received, and we have the capability of referral and evaluation services in Spanish, sign language or another language other than English.
Make a Referral
Program referrals can be made by parents, family members, medical professionals, day care providers, etc. if there is concern regarding development for children from birth to 5 years of age and can be made via phone, online or fax.
To make a referral via phone please call the referral number below or the referral specialist for the county you live in:
- Referral number for Baker, Grant, Morrow, Umatilla, Union and Wallowa Counties
- 1-800-927-5847 (messages only)
- Morrow, Umatilla Counties and Spanish speaking families in all counties
- Lorena Valencia 541-966-7864
- Sandra Campos 541-966-7857
- Grant, Union, Baker, Wallowa Counties
- Cami Warneking 541-966-3130
To make a referral online click on the link below, complete and submit the form.
To make a referral via fax click the link below, complete the form and fax to the number listed on the form
- Download Referral Form (PDF)
Director of EI/ECSE
State & Federal Grants