Implementing, Sustaining, and Celebrating Writing - School-wide Writing Reform
Audience: Administrators, District leaders, Instructional coaches and team leaders, Classroom teachers, Special services educators
Presenter: Yolanda Westerberg - Consultant
Reform in writing will only go well if you decide to make it a priority. Learn how to rally support, bring on stakeholders and get started!
Launch your writing class with determination, organization and enthusiasm.
Session topics will include:
- Yearlong Planning-Start with the Calendar
- Common Terminology across grade levels
- Different Products, Different Structures
- What is a Mini-Lesson and how do I teach one?
- Making a Roadmap for Instruction
- Creating a Community of writers
- Getting started-the first ten days of school
- Writing is a skill-teaching stamina, originality and enthusiasm
- Writing Process made easier
- Writing about Reading and Taking Neat Notes
Join us Tuesday, August 13th from 8am - 3pm at IMESD in Pendleton
Ashley Harsin, IMESD English Learner Specialist ashley.harsinimesd.k12.or.us
Heidi Paullus, IMESD Instructional Coach heidi.paullusimesd.k12.or.us