Roadways Into Developing Elementary Students is an AASHTO education outreach program designed to interest K-8 students in transportation careers while improving their math and science skills. Students utilize critical thinking skills to solve real world problems and learn about careers in the transportation industry especially civil engineering. The curriculum is aligned with the National Standards for Math and Science (STEM), 21st Century Skills, and Core Curriculum Standards for Math. Teachers attend two days of high energy training conducted by National Board Certified Teachers. This module contains a curriculum as well as a large trunk of resources for the teacher to use in the classroom to conduct the activities.
The tub of materials you receive is incredible, filled with everything you need to conduct 100’s of fun, hands on activities.
Follow the link to see more info about what is included:
- Coffee, tea, soda and pastries will be available in the morning.
- Participants will need to bring their lunch or plan on going out.
- Dress comfortably and casual – they will be doing hands on experiments.
- Remember to bring a vehicle large enough to carry their tub of goods. Measures: 37” x 22” x 18” 75 lbs
- Training is 8:00 to 5:00 each day with an hour lunch break.
- Teachers will receive certificate for 16 hours of training at the end of day 2
DATE: Monday, October 8th & Tuesday, October 9th
TIME: 8:00 to 4:30 each day
ODOT Headquarters – La Grande - West Conference Room
3012 Island Ave
La Grande , OR 97850
Register today to reserve your spot! Register