The Intermountain Education Services Facilities Department provides a wide array of services to constituent school districts and maintenance of IMESD buildings and property. The IMESD has recently completed a five year maintenance plan for district buildings and properties that promotes assurance that buildings will be properly maintained into future years. This has been a focus goal for the 2019-20 school year. The plan may be accessed on the link below.
A few of the services that the IMESD facilities department provides for constituent school districts include: Radon testing assistance, asbestos inspections, TAP grant consultation, school bond planning, and a wide array of custodial/maintenance trainings. Some of the recent trainings include: asbestos awareness training, ergonomic training for office personnel, low pressure boiler training, testing for elevated radon in Oregon schools, custodial cleaning seminar, lead paint training, asbestos inspector training, healthy and safe schools plan update training and air quality training. This training provides our school district custodial and maintenance staff with updated information for successful job performance.
The IMESD has recently entered into an agreement with the Oregon Energy Trust to participate in the Strategic Energy Management Project. This will be an opportunity for the IMESD to be a leader in the region in energy conservation and building conservation practices. The IMESD will then be able to model these practices to constituent school districts and encourage more districts to get involved in energy conservation practices.
IMESD is currently updating the Buck Creek Outdoor School Facility thanks in great part to a $20,000 grant from the Grey Family Foundation. IMESD is required to provide 50% matching funding which is being accomplished through in kind labor for project completion. The IMESD leases the facility from the Forest Service and provides it to our school districts at no cost for outdoor school activities. This summer a variety of projects have been completed from new paint and flooring in the cook house, a new stove and refrigerator, new picnic tables and fire pit benches. See the link below for project details.
Anyone having questions about the facilities program should contact Larry Glaze, Director of Operations at 541-975-5634 or larry.glazeimesd.k12.or.us.
- IMESD Energy Conservation Policy (PDF)
- Healthy and Safe Schools Plan Annual Statement - April 2020 (PDF)
- Healthy and Safe Schools Plan (PDF)
- IMESD Radon Management Plan (PDF)
- Radon Testing Results, Punkin Center Hermiston (PDF)
- IMESD -- Pendleton Radon Testing Results Will be Posted Here Once Completed (after 11/19/2020)
- IMESD Integrated Pest Management Plan (PDF)
- Five-Year Facilities Plan 2018-2024 (PDF)
- Lead Testing Results -- Main Building, Pendleton (PDF)
- Lead Testing Results -- Joseph Building, La Grande (PDF)
- Lead Testing Results -- Buck Creek Outdoor School (PDF)
- Lead Testing Results -- Punkin Center, Hermiston (PDF)