The TBI consulting team acts as a liaison to help families and students with reentering school after sustaining a brain injury. The team offers in-service training and consultation to educators upon request.
IMESD partners with local school districts in Region One, the Teaching Research Institute and the Oregon Department of Education to identify students ages 0 to 21 with a traumatic brain injury and provide them with support and services to improve their ability to access their education and manage overall quality of life.
(The following links are external sites)
- CBIRT (Center for Brain Injury Research and Training Website - Eugene, Oregon)
- Brain Injury Association of America
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention; Traumatic Brain Injury Home
- Brainline Kids
- National center on Shaken Baby Syndrome
- CDC: Sports Concussion
- OSSA.org Health and Safety Concussion Information and Resources
- ACTive: Athletic Concussion Training for Coaches
- LEARNet: Project Learn. Useful procedures for helping students with brain injury at school and home
Director of Regional Programs & Related Services