- Salary Range: $12.28/hr.
- Type of Employment: Temporary
- Licensed: No
- Licensure, Certifications Required: High School Diploma/GED required. Associates Degree preferred.
- Age Range/Instructional Level: Pre K-12
- District/School: InterMountain ESD - Employee designates areas willing to substitute
- Address: 2001 SW Nye Ave, Pendleton, OR 97801
- County: Umatilla
- Contact: Charlene Surber, HR Specialist (541) 966-3224
- District Website: http://www.imesd.k12.or.us
Special Instructions to the Applicant:
Please submit the following to the Human Resources Department in order to be considered (Position is open until filled/application materials will be accepted through USPS mail, fax 541.966-4696, email to human.resourcesimesd.k12.or.us and hand delivery to IMESD 2001 SW Nye Ave, Pendleton OR):
- Application IMESD General Application
- Letter of introduction and interest
- Copy of transcripts and applicable licensure
- Two letters of recommendation
Application: General Application (PDF)
|JOB TITLE:||Substitute Classroom Assistant|
|REPORTS TO:||Classroom Teacher and Principal|
|PREPARED BY:||IMESD Human Resources|
Perform any combination of the following instructional tasks in classroom to assist teaching staff of our various programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist classroom teacher in organizing the educational setting by developing and helping maintain student files and providing an environment conducive to student learning.
- Distribute information to government agency representatives as directed by teacher.
- Under the direction of the teacher, monitor and assist students in completing learning activities as appropriate to the student’s subject matter and lesson objectives.
- Under the direction of the teacher, implement teaching and behavior management strategies appropriate to the student’s needs.
- Assist students, individually or in groups, with lesson assignments to present or reinforce learning concepts.
- Assist teacher in acquiring or creating appropriate instructional materials.
- Follow all group and individual student behavior management plans as directed by teacher.
- Participate as part of a team using knowledge of individual students to assist in designing positive educational experiences.
- As assigned by teacher, assist with development of job related activities for individual students or small groups.
- Perform other reasonable duties that the supervisor may from time to time assign to meet demands placed on the organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Individual will hold valid drivers license and have reliable, insured transportation for travel throughout IMESD Service area.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma/GED required. Associates Degree or Work Keys preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team as well as alone with minimal supervision.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Demonstrated interest in and aptitude for, working with children.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, Word)
- Microsoft Outlook Express
Substitutes may be required to travel to and from school locations in the IMESD service area.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Individual will work on an on call basis. Work area is designated on the applicants substitute questionnaire.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions, or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The school district may add to, modify, or delete any aspect of this (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.
I hereby certify that I possess the physical and mental ability to regularly attend work and fulfill the essential functions of the above position with or without reasonable accommodations. If I require accommodation (s) in order to fulfill any or all of these essential functions, I will inform the District prior to actually beginning work.
Qualifying veterans and disabled veterans may obtain preference by submitting as verification of eligibility a copy of the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214 or 215) or a letter from the US Dept. of Veterans' Affairs indicating receipt of a non-service connected pension to your application. Disabled Veterans must also submit a copy of their Veteran's disability preference letter from the Dept. of Veteran Affairs, unless the information is included in the DD Form 214/215.