- Salary Range: $22.29 per hour
- Type of Employment: Temporary
- Licensed: Yes
- Licensure, Certifications Required: Current Teachers License or Emergency Sub License
- Age Range/Instructional Level: Pre K-12
- District/School: InterMountain ESD - Employee designates areas willing to substitute
- Address: 2001 SW Nye Ave, Pendleton, OR 97801
- County: Umatilla
- Contact: Charlene Surber, HR Specialist (541) 966-3224
- District Website: http://www.imesd.k12.or.us
Special Instructions to the Applicant:
Please complete an Employment Application and contact the Human Resources Department for additional paperwork and training schedule. Fingerprint-Based Criminal History Verification Clearing Required.
Application: General Application (PDF)
Provide and implement learning activities and objectives for each child served, including appropriate interaction with staff and families filling in for the regular teacher.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Implement learning activities and objectives for each student.
Present educational programs imaginatively and in a manner that captures attention, maintains interest and motivates student(s).
Keep accurate record of activities and objectives for students.
Use time and materials effectively in relation to lesson goals and objectives.
Demonstrate attention to the child’s health and physical safety.
Physically assist children up to fifty pounds.
Under the direction of the licensed teacher, plan and implement daily lessons prescribed for child.
Transmit information and make referrals to staff members as appropriate.
Perform other reasonable duties that from time to time may be assigned to meet the usual and unusual demands placed on the school district.
- Comply with Ione Performance Standards.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Individuals must hold a TSPC license (Teacher or Substitute)
Current CPR training preferred.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Effective basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated interest in and aptitude for, working with children.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions, or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The school district may add to, modify, or delete any aspect of this (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.